CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES - MAY 19: Flowers and candles are seen outside the mosque as hundreds of community members gather at Lindbergh Park beside the Islamic Center of San Diego during a vigil following the deadly mosque shooting, in San Diego, California, United States, on May 19, 2026. Families, friends, and strangers stand together in grief as people cry, hug, pray, and share memories throughout the evening, while flowers and candles are placed outside the mosque in honor of the victims and in support of the shaken Muslim community. (Photo by Michael Ho Wai Lee/Anadolu via Getty Images)
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Authorities say the two teenagers who shot and killed three people in an attack on a California mosque had been radicalized online where they first met. Investigators said Tuesday that the pair shared white supremacist views and left behind writings showing their hatred toward various races and religions. Authorities also found at least 30 guns, ammunition and a crossbow at two residences after Monday’s attack. Authorities praised the security guard at the Islamic Center of San Diego and two other men who were killed for slowing the attackers. They say the victims helped stop the attackers from reaching schoolchildren just steps away. Police have said the shooters killed themselves.
(Copyright 2026 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)






