FORT WORTH (WBAP/KLIF)- Residents in west Fort Worth are no longer affected by boil water notices. Other customers might be experiencing water shutoffs because of water main breaks and repairs.
All locations will have bottled water as well as water to fill containers.
They include four locations that will operate hand out water from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Those locations include:
- Beth Eden Baptist Church, 3208 Wilbarger St., 76119.
- RD Evans Community Center, 3242 Lackland Road, 76116.
- Iglesia Templo Jerusalen, 2421 NW 18th St., 76106.
- Sycamore Community Center, 2525 E. Rosedale St., 76105.
Open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. is Birchman Baptist Church, 9100 N. Normandale St., 76116.
In addition to the city-operated sites, some breweries are offering water to residents.
- CowTown Brewery, 1301 E Belknap St.
- Panther Island Brewing, 501 N Main St.
- Hop Fusion Ale Works, 200 E Broadway Ave.
- Wild Acre Brewing, 1734 E El Paso St.
Resident need to bring their own containers for all breweries.
“This is a community problem that we are experiencing and the community is rallying to help us make sure that we have the ability to provide safe drinking water to our residents. We thank everyone who has stepped up,” said Fort Worth Fire Chief Jim Davis.
The Water Department realizes many affected customers have no water to boil and others have no power to boil the water. They are working to secure additional water for distribution as quickly as possible. Additional locations will be added. Continue to check the city’s website for updates. You can also call 817-392-1234 for additional water distribution locations; because supplies are limited, each household is limited to one case.