PLANO (WBAP/KLIF) – Plano ISD is making changes to its stadium bag policy to better protect students and fans.
According to the district, the are new policies are meant to to promote the safety and security of Plano ISD students and visitors by limiting the size and type of bags that spectators can bring in. The rules take effect Friday at Clark, Kimbrough, and Wiliiams Stadium’s.
From Plano ISD:
Starting September 13, 2019, only the following types of bags are approved:
- One clear plastic tote, not larger than 12” X 12” X 6”
- One clear resealable plastic storage bag, not larger than 1 gallon size
- One small “hand sized” clutch purse, not larger than 5” X 7”
The following bags are prohibited:
- All purses, bags or containers larger than an approved small clutch purse or small clear tote
- Backpacks and duffle bags
- Camera and binocular cases or bags
- Mesh or drawstring bags
- Computer bags
- Fanny packs
The following rules are in effect at Plano ISD stadiums:
- Alcoholic beverages, outside food or drink items, tobacco products and weapons are prohibited.
- Spectators are prohibited from bringing footballs or other balls into the stadium.
- Persons in possession of prohibited items or who refuse inspection of bags and/or packages will not be permitted to enter the stadium. Persons who violate these stadium rules may be ejected without refund.
- Body painting, other than on the face area, is not allowed.
- Masks and other face coverings are prohibited.
- All signs must be positive, appropriate, promote the participants and not be unduly distracting or block the view of others.
- Patrons who leave the stadium will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
- Only authorized personnel will be admitted onto the field.
- Air horns are prohibited per UIL rules.
- Animals, other than service animals, are not allowed in the stadium.
- Powder or throwing of powder is prohibited.
Copyright 2019. WBAP/KLIF News. All Rights Reserved.